Lancaster Sewer Line Repair & Installation
Your home’s plumbing system is an important part of your property. This system of pipes transports water to and from your home, and transports waste out. One of the most important features of your home’s plumbing system is the sewer line. The sewer line is the pipe that transports waste and wastewater out of your home and into the city’s main sewer lines.
As important as it is, most people don’t think about their sewer line unless there is a problem. When a problem arises, however, something so out of sight and mind can become a major headache. Sewer line problems can cause damage inside and outside your home. It can also create an environment that is unhealthy due to wastewater backing up or mold growing in your home.
It is important to address any serious plumbing problem quickly in order to reduce the risk of damage and negative health impacts. At DAZ Plumbing & Locating, we can help you identify the plumbing problem and offer solutions to keep your home and family safe.
Signs You May Have a Sewer Line Problem
Contact the Lancaster sewer repair and installation team at DAZ Plumbing & Locating if you notice any of the following:
- Increasing or suddenly high water bills
- Your drains are draining slower than usual
- There is a bad smell coming out of your drain
- There is a gurgling or popping sound in your drains
- There are pools of water in areas of your lawn
- There are dips or sinkholes in your lawn
- You smell sewage outside your home
- There is wastewater backing up into the drains of your sinks or bathtubs
- Mold begins to grow near pipes or under cabinets
Any of these situations could be a sign of a sewer line problem. However, they could also indicate another plumbing problem. In any case, it is best to address any suspected plumbing problem immediately to reduce the damage the problem causes.
What are the Common Causes of a Sewer Line Problem?
There are a few things that commonly cause sewer line problems. Some are natural occurrences and others are the result of poor maintenance. Some examples include:
- Faulty joints or connections
- Cracks in the sewer line due to shifting ground or settling
- Tree roots growing around pipes or breaking them
- Ground that routinely freezes (expands) and thaws (contracts)
- Traffic above ground, which can put pressure on sewer lines
- Clogged drains due to flushing items that should not enter plumbing lines (paper towels, baby wipes, feminine hygiene products, cooking oil, etc.)
- Deteriorating pipes due to wear and tear
Even when homeowners do their best to properly maintain their plumbing system, sewer lines are nearly impossible to access or observe. That means a problem could exist and worsen over a period of months or years.
Contact Our Lancaster Sewer Line Repair & Installation Team
For homeowners, the best way to respond to a serious plumbing problem is to call in the experts at DAZ Plumbing & Locating. Our Lancaster sewer line repair and installation team is specially trained to diagnose and repair sewer line problems. You can contact us for service anytime – we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us at (972) 737-5859 or (972) 737-5859 to schedule your appointment.